Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blue Envelopes and Harry Dresden

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson



This is a sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes, which is an excellent book. I suggest it. This book takes place about 6 months after the first one. Someone has contacted Ginny saying that they found her last Blue Envelope and wants to meet up. Without really thinking twice, Ginny goes off to England to continue her Aunts adventure. While there she find new friends and that not everything can stay the same.

I really really enjoyed this movie. 13 Little Blue Envelopes is a book that I definitely though tneeded a sequel so I was pleased to actually get one. This book was everything I hoped it'd be. It took me to places I didn't expect and brought me to places I'd hoped it would. The ending felt perfectly final, giving me the closer I wanted while still letting me imagine what could happen. It was a great sequel. I suggest reading the first one if you haven't and I greatly suggest the sequel if you have.

Storm Front by Jim Butcher



Harry Dresden is Chicago's only professional Wizard. He runs a private investigation where more often then not he gets calls asking if he really is a Wizard than a job. He's getting pretty desperate when the police calls him in to look at a murder scene who's victims hearts where brutally ripped out. It reaks of Wizard. From there his life goes down hill as he searches for the Dark Wizard who is the cause of the murder before he is blamed for it. Along the way he runs into vampires, a drug that grants the users magical Sight, an underground mob boss and a few demon.

My friend lent me this book, insisting that I read it. There are 15 books in this series so far. I know! What do you even do with a 15 book long series? So of course I was a little apprehensive. Any book series that just shells out books tends to be a little.. low on substance. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. Sure it wasn't some literary gold mine, but it was enjoyable. I liked reading it and I found it sucking me into it's plot. It's a good book to just zone out in and relax.

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher


Harry Dresden is back. After his adventure in the first book, he's not on the greatest terms with the Police. When they call him in because of another suspicious murder scene, it doesn't take him long to figure out Werewolves are the cause. Now while investigating he has to work carefully since the Police are constantly suspicious of him. Dresden quickly finds out that trying to dodge Police AND Werewolves is not conducive to solving this murder.

Just re-read my second paragraph from the first book, because it's basically the same thing. An enjoyable read.

Book Count: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment