Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day Twenty-Seven: 28 Days Later

Day Twenty-Seven: A movie that you wish you had seen in theaters
I love zombie. I can get all over anything and everything that has to do with zombies. It's my thing; I have my Zombie Apocalypse survival plan laid out already and everything. I can even remember exactly when my love affair with the living dead - when I saw 28 Weeks Later. (Lets ignore the fact that those aren't zombies in 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, I didn't know that at the time.)

Jim wakes up in a hospital after a car accident, only to find the entire place deserted and in ruins. He walks out into the streets of London to also find that deserted, that is until he happens upon a group of Rage Virus infected humans and gets chased down. He happens upon other survivors and learns that 98% of the population became infected with a virus that turns them into animalistic creatures that are only left with rage. They are basically the equivalent of a super rabid dog. Together Jim and the other survivors try to find a safe place to live in the new world they live in which trying to defend themselves against getting infected too.

Remember when I said I'm incapable of handling scary movies? Well I had to get dragged to 28 Weeks Later because I was so sure that 28 Weeks Later fell under that category of something I'd be incapable of watching. I can't express how surprised I was when I came out loving it. Since then I've gotten knee deep in the Zombie Business. My biggest regret is that I didn't get a chance to see 28 Days Later, the far superior of the two movies, in theaters to begin my obsession much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment