Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day Sixteen: Cars

Day Sixteen: A movie that you used to love but now hate
When I first saw Cars in theaters, I loved it. I told everyone I knew how good it was and how enjoyable it was even though I wasn't 10 years old. Then I didn't even really think about it for years and years. Just recently I was at my cousins house and my little cousin suggested watching Cars. Well of course I was all for it, why not? Last I remembered I loved that movie. Turns out I don't anymore. Some of the lines made me cringe and the characters got annoying. The movie in general was so.. un-Pixar like.

If you don't know, Cars follows Lightning McQueen who is a famous race car. Somehow he gets lost on the way to the biggest race of his life and gets stuck in some little town no one has heard of. There he learns to not be such a dick all the time and gain some friends.

Boy the main character is extremely unappealing. McQueen has no redeeming qualities as the entire movie just basically yells "hey look, he's learning life lessons. In case you haven't figured it out yet, he's learning a life lesson. Just checking you didn't miss the life lesson McQueen just learned." Maybe it's because of all the other extremely good Pixar movies that have come out, but Cars just leaves a bad taste in my mouth now.

No comments:

Post a Comment