Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day Six: Casanova

Gosh that poster looks cheesy, but I promise, I'm going somewhere with this.


Do mini-series count as made for TV movies? The only made for TV movie I could even think of was that one Lifetime movie where the entire high school gets syphilis, so I thought that counting mini-series was probably a good idea to save everyone from that particular description.

So Casanova was obviously about Casanova, the womanizer of Venice. This mini-series is written by Russel T. Davis, with Peter O'Toole and David Tennant. I'm only specifying who's in it so everyone doesn’t get this confused with the movie Casanova with Heath Ledger. The mini-series follows Casanova from childhood, to starting out as the Casanova we all know and love and how he falls in love with a woman he desperately wants but cannot have. Over the years, while still getting it on with oodles of women, he never forgets his one love – even when he's an old man with little left in life.

David Tennant makes this mini-series, his portrayal of Casanova is enjoyable on so many levels. I've watched the mini-series multiple times and each time I've loved it more and more. I highly suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment