Friday, September 16, 2011

Once more with feeling.

I like the idea of blogging, I really do. I love reading blogs and the more I read blogs, them the more I want to write my own. I've started up several attempts in the past and I've realized something: I suck at it. I always have visions of writing witty re-accounts of something funny that's happened to my day. However whenever I try to do that, I have flashbacks of my Diary days where I'd write 3 pages then suddenly forget I have a Diary.

So now I'm trying something new. I'm giving myself a set topic to talk about, a task. See I consume media like crazy - I marathon run entire series at a time and knock out multiple movies in a day. If I put my mind to it, I can finish a book in a matter of days. Now I'm figuring I can put my unusual super powers to good work by reviewing what I've recently watched/read/listened to/whatever.

I have a lot of hope for this blog. Unlike my previous... attempts, I have a pre-laid out plan on what the purpose of the blog is going to be. Opposed to waiting for something interesting to happen in my life and then remembering to write a post about it on my sad excuse for a blog, I'll just do what I always do - consume media like the beast I am. Just in addition I'll also be writing about what I'm watching.

Here's hoping it goes as smoothly as I'm thinking it'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment